Sprint SLX DC Drives
5kW - 145kW Available
Sprint Electric SLX Series - A 4 Quadrant Regenerative Analogue DC Thyristor Drive for 200 to 480v Supply Typical Motor output for the control of motor speed and torque.
The Sprint SLX models are compact, reliable and efficient DC motor controllers. With fully isolated control electronics and a wealth of I/O, the SLX Drives are easy for you to integrate with other drives and equipment including PLC's due to their compatible input and output signals. To allow you greater control of high motor speed applications, the Sprint SLX has a built-in field weakener for extended speed range.
Details & Features
Why use a Sprint SLX Series DC Drive?
- Switched maximum current ranges for easy matching to the motor current rating
- PLC compatible input and output signals
- Field current input for constant horsepower applications
- Delayed field quench for secure emergency stopping
- Features Sprint Electric micro analogue processor
- Compact size saves panel space and makes for easy retrofitting
- Ultra stable potentiometer reference for optimum long term speed and torque stability
- Output signals for easy display of motor speed and load
- On board relay indicates zero speed and/or motor overload
- Isolated control electronics for easy connection to other drives/equipment
- Switch selectable feedback calibration - no component changes
- Adjustable field output for easy motor matching
Simple but Powerful
Sprint SLX Series drives come with torque control input for basic winding or tension control, Overspeed limiting, numerous alarms for an enhanced drive, motor protection and configurable field bridge for easy motor field voltage matching.
Configurable & Intelligent
The motor and drive are protected by a stall timer which automatically removes power after 30 seconds if the required speed cannot be achieved. The drives will provide up to 150% of the preset maximum current for up to 30 seconds allowing high short term torques during acceleration or other changes in load. Independent control of either the current or speed loops by external inputs allow torque or speed control applications with Overspeed or overcurrent protection. The demand signal may be derived from a potentiometer, 0-1 0V signal or 4-20mA loop. The speed feedback signal may be selected to be the ARMATURE VOLTAGE or a shaft mounted TACHOMETER.
The 4Q models improve your energy efficiency by regenerating energy into the mains supply whilst under braking. The energy invested accelerating the load mass is recovered when braking. No dissipation of energy in wasteful braking resistors. With fully isolated control electronics and a wealth of I/O, the Sprint SLX is easy for you to integrate with other drives and equipment. The Sprint SLX has a built-in field weakener for extended speed range to allow you greater control of high motor speed applications.
Other features include 2 and 4 Quadrant versions available. Available from 5KW to 145KW, extra 50% peak torque for rapid acceleration or shock loads. Zero reference interlock facility ideal for extruder applications, numerous alarms for an enhanced drive and motor protection. Torque control input for basic winding or tension control, with Overspeed limiting, and output signals for easy display of motor speed and load.